- 1 What airport do you fly into for Santorini Greece?
- 2 Where can you fly direct to Santorini from?
- 3 Is it better to fly or take ferry from Athens to Santorini?
- 4 How do I get from NYC to Santorini?
- 5 Is Santorini expensive to visit?
- 6 How many days do you need in Santorini?
- 7 Which month is the best to visit Santorini?
- 8 Is there Uber in Santorini?
- 9 Where should I stay in Santorini?
- 10 Is food expensive in Greece?
- 11 Do you need a car in Santorini?
- 12 How long is the boat ride from Athens to Santorini?
- 13 How do you fly to Santorini Greece?
- 14 How much are flights from Athens to Santorini?
- 15 How far is Santorini Greece from NYC?
What airport do you fly into for Santorini Greece?
You can travel either by plane (Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”) or by ferryboat (Piraeus Port). There are also links between Santorini and other Greek islands. The flight is the quickest, easiest and most direct way as it lasts more or less 40 minutes and you can book your tickets in advance.
Where can you fly direct to Santorini from?
You can fly to Santorini from Athens or directly from cities in western Europe such as London, Manchester, Paris, Amsterdam, Rome, Naples, or Venice..
Is it better to fly or take ferry from Athens to Santorini?
Timewise: The airplane is the most convenient option. The flight from Athens to Santorini takes only 45 min, while the trip duration by ferry ranges from 4.5 to 7.5 hrs (depending on the type of ferry ). Nonetheless, traveling by ferry is a unique experience, especially when weather conditions are good.
How do I get from NYC to Santorini?
The cheapest way to get from New York to Santorini Island is to fly which costs $350 – $550 and takes 13h 39m. What is the fastest way to get from New York to Santorini Island? The quickest way to get from New York to Santorini Island is to fly which costs $350 – $550 and takes 13h 39m. 5
Is Santorini expensive to visit?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.
How many days do you need in Santorini?
We recommend 3 to 5 days in Santorini in order to visit as many places as possible. Santorini is a very interesting island and except from Oia, the volcano and the amazing views, there are many things to see and do. But you can also do it in 24 hours and many day trips are proposed from other nearby islands.
Which month is the best to visit Santorini?
The best time to visit Santorini is from September to October and April to May when the weather is warm and the crowds are scarce.
Is there Uber in Santorini?
There is no UBER or Lyft in Santorini.
Where should I stay in Santorini?
Where to stay in Santorini
- Oia. The most romantic spot on Santorini is Oia.
- Imerovigli, Firostefani and Fira. South of Oia are three more towns where you’ll find whitewashed boutique hotels and churches, restaurants, nightlife and sights nestled into the sides of the island.
- Perissa, Kamari and Perivolos.
Is food expensive in Greece?
While meal prices in Greece can vary, the average cost of food in Greece is €28 per day. Based on the spending habits of previous travelers, when dining out an average meal in Greece should cost around €11 per person. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner.
Do you need a car in Santorini?
The highlight of visiting Santorini: the walk along the caldera from Fira to Oia. You don’t need a rental car for this. You definitely don’t need a rental car to enjoy this. A boat tour of the caldera and volcano is a must for Santorini.
How long is the boat ride from Athens to Santorini?
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Santorini? The Athens to Santorini ferry time is usually 4 to 10 hours.
How do you fly to Santorini Greece?
- Fly out of Athens on Olympic Airways or Aegean Airlines.
- Book a direct flight to Santorini National Airport during peak travel season, which is late April through early October.
- Ride the ferry from the port of Pireaus, which can be reached in just over an hour from the Athens airport.
How much are flights from Athens to Santorini?
The best price found on Skyscanner for a flight from Athens International to Santorini (Thira) is $24.
How far is Santorini Greece from NYC?
The calculation of flight time is based on the straight line distance from New York, NY to Santorini (“as the crow flies”), which is about 5,077 miles or 8 171 kilometers.