- 1 How much does a taxi cost in Athens Greece?
- 2 Are taxis cheap in Athens?
- 3 Is Uber available in Greece?
- 4 How much does a taxi cost from Athens airport to city Centre?
- 5 Do people speak English in Greece?
- 6 Are taxis safe in Athens Greece?
- 7 How do I order a taxi in Athens?
- 8 How do you call a taxi in Greece?
- 9 How much is a taxi from Piraeus to Athens Airport?
- 10 Is water in Greece safe to drink?
- 11 Do you tip Greek taxi drivers?
- 12 Can I drink the tap water in Athens?
- 13 What area is best to stay in Athens?
- 14 Is there Uber in Athens Airport?
- 15 How much is public transport in Athens?
How much does a taxi cost in Athens Greece?
How much do taxis cost in Athens? The average fare for a trip in an Athens taxi is around €7. There’s a base fare of €1.29 for every journey and a charge of €0.74/km during the day (05:00 to 24:00) and €1.29/km at night (24:00 to 05:00).
Are taxis cheap in Athens?
Athens Taxis – What you need to know Taxis operate a 24-hour service and are quite cheap. There are flat fares to and from the airport: 38 euros to central Athens (including luggage, VAT and road tolls).
Is Uber available in Greece?
Technically, Uber doesn’t exist in Greece. But you can request and pay for a taxi in Athens with the Uber app. The taxi drivers use the app like all other Uber drivers. The only strange thing is that you cannot see the total price of your Uber ride until after the ride is over.
How much does a taxi cost from Athens airport to city Centre?
Approximate Taxi Fares from Athens Airport
|Athens Airport Taxi Prices||Day 05:00-24:00||Night 00:00-05:00|
|Athens Airport (ATH) – Athens City Center||38 €||54 €|
|Athens Airport (ATH) – Piraeus Port||48 €||60 €|
|Athens Airport (ATH) – Rafina Port||35 €||50 €|
|Athens Airport (ATH) – Lavrio Marina||47 €||65 €|
Do people speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
Are taxis safe in Athens Greece?
Though Athens taxis are generally safe when it comes to your physical well-being, the same cannot be said for the safety of your cash. Athens ‘ taxi drivers, especially those who pick up from the airport, are notorious for gouging tourists, charging their passengers far more than they’re actually owed.
How do I order a taxi in Athens?
Booking tips and useful information ( Book a taxi in Athens ):
- Insert the name and contact details of the main passenger.
- If you are booking an airport transfer, provide us also with your flight number.
- For port transfers, you will also have to fill the ship’s name, company, destination and schedule.
How do you call a taxi in Greece?
- Call 18300. Call 18300 from your fixed telephone line, from any part of Greece at local rates, or from your mobile.
- From Prepaid Mobile Phone.
- Mobile Application.
How much is a taxi from Piraeus to Athens Airport?
A taxi from Piraeus Port to Athens Airport costs 45 € during daytime and 60 € from midnight to 05:00 morning. The taxi price from Piraeus Port to Athens Airport is the same. The price is fixed and includes all costs (VAT, tolls, lagguge cost, pets etc).
Is water in Greece safe to drink?
Water — The public drinking water in Greece is safe to drink, although it can be slightly brackish in some locales near the sea. For that reason, many people prefer the bottled water available at restaurants, hotels, cafes, food stores, and kiosks.
Do you tip Greek taxi drivers?
In Greece you won’t always be expected to tip your taxi driver. If you do decide to tip your taxi driver round-up the fare, or leave between 5% and 10%. If you ‘ve hired a private driver leave around 20 Euros per day.
Can I drink the tap water in Athens?
A lot of people visiting the country wonder if they can drink tap water in Greece. Although it is perfectly safe to drink water from the tap in Athens and Thessaloniki it is better to ask in all the other places or even better buy bottled water which is fairly cheap.
What area is best to stay in Athens?
When in Athens the desirable areas to stay in are the Plaka, Makrianni, Koukaki, Thission, Syntagma and Monastiraki. These all border the Acropolis and the archaeological park around it. Everything you need including shops, restaurants, the metro to the ferries, buses, taxis and nightlife is within walking distance.
Is there Uber in Athens Airport?
Uber is available at Athens Airport, so you can enjoy a convenient and comfortable trip to wherever you need to go.
How much is public transport in Athens?
The Athens public transport system is affordable, reliable and covers most of the city and suburbs. You can use all means of public transport using the same ticket (a single ticket costs €1.40 and is valid for 90 minutes).