- 1 Is it better to exchange money in Greece?
- 2 Should I exchange money before I travel to Greece?
- 3 What is the cheapest way to exchange dollars for euros?
- 4 Can you use US dollars in Greece?
- 5 How much cash should I take to Greece?
- 6 Can I use my Visa debit card in Greece?
- 7 How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
- 8 Is English spoken in Greece?
- 9 Do I need cash in Greece?
- 10 Is it a good time to get euros?
- 11 Does Walmart do foreign money exchange?
- 12 Which bank is best for currency exchange?
- 13 Is Santorini dangerous?
- 14 What should I buy in Greece?
- 15 What month is the cheapest to fly to Greece?
Is it better to exchange money in Greece?
It’s usually best to exchange only a small amount and then seek a better deal elsewhere. Unless you’re really stuck, exchanging your cash at the hotel is probably a poor idea. Despite the convenience, rates are often unfavourable. Finding places to exchange currency in large cities in Greece will be easy enough.
Should I exchange money before I travel to Greece?
Should I take cash to Greece? Sure, you can either exchange your local currency to Euros before you leave, or bring along some of your local cash to exchange at a currency exchanger. Just remember that shops and restaurants do not accept foreign currency!
What is the cheapest way to exchange dollars for euros?
Your bank or credit union is almost always the best place to exchange currency.
- Before your trip, exchange money at your bank or credit union.
- Once you’re abroad, use your financial institution’s ATMs, if possible.
- After you’re home, see if your bank or credit union will buy back the foreign currency.
Can you use US dollars in Greece?
Euro is the legal tender in Greece and another 16 countries in Europe. The people of Greece will not welcome US dollars as tips, as it will cost them time and money to change them into euros. Greece uses the euro, and that is the only currency in the country.
How much cash should I take to Greece?
You should budget for around £45 per person per day for your visit to Greece or £315 per week, to include all food and excursions.
Can I use my Visa debit card in Greece?
Will my credit or debit card work in Greece? US, UK and Australian cards will widely work in Greece, as long as they belong to a common card network. Visa, Mastercard, PLUS, Cirrus and American Express are also widely accepted.
How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
Is English spoken in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
Do I need cash in Greece?
How much cash should I bring? Travel advice from the Foreign Office says that while banks are closed in Greece, tourists should make sure they take sufficient euros in cash “to cover the duration of your stay, emergencies, unforeseen circumstances and any unexpected delays”.
Is it a good time to get euros?
There is no best time to buy Euros. This is because currencies on the foreign exchange market are changing all the time in a way no one can predict, so the euro value that’s available one morning might not be available the next, or even an hour from then. This is just how the market works.
Does Walmart do foreign money exchange?
The Walmart MoneyCenter offers several ways to manage your finances, including sending money to people in the US and to over 200 other countries and territories. If you’re exchanging currency outside the US, the Walmart2World service can send money to over 350,000 additional locations through MoneyGram’s network.
Which bank is best for currency exchange?
Local banks and credit unions usually offer the best rates. Major banks, such as Chase or Bank of America, offer the added benefit of having ATMs overseas. Online bureaus or currency converters, such as Travelex, provide convenient foreign exchange services.
Is Santorini dangerous?
Santorini is hot, especially in the summer. Pack plenty of sunscreen, hats, and flip flops. First-time visitors have found out the hard way that the pebbles, rocks, and sand on the beaches can be dangerous. Every year, more than a few people head home with serious burns and blisters on their feet.
What should I buy in Greece?
Things You Can Only Buy in Greece
- Greek olive soap with mastiha. The mastiha tree or lentisk is native of the Mediterranean basin but only in the island of Chios has the resin been cultivated for production.
- Kumquat Liqueur.
- Greek Honey.
- Olivewood items.
- Traditional musical instruments.
- Teas and dried herbs.
- Spoon sweets.
- Leather goods.
What month is the cheapest to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.