- 1 Is Chania Crete worth visiting?
- 2 What is Chania known for?
- 3 What should I not miss in Crete?
- 4 What is the most beautiful part of Crete?
- 5 Is Chania Greece expensive?
- 6 Is Chania a party town?
- 7 Does Chania have a beach?
- 8 Which is better Heraklion or Chania?
- 9 Is Chania a touristy?
- 10 How many days should I spend in Crete?
- 11 Which side of Crete has the best beaches?
- 12 How do you get around in Crete?
- 13 Where is the best location to stay in Crete?
- 14 What is the best area in Crete to stay?
- 15 What is the most popular resort in Crete?
Is Chania Crete worth visiting?
Chania is a small, picturesque town worth getting to know, where you’ll almost certainly stay longer than you intended, enjoying tasty food, the wonderful harbour, old buildings. great architecture and many more. Chania is also one of the two places you are most likely to see on arriving in Crete.
What is Chania known for?
The town of Chania is famous for its Venetian harbor and the old town with its winding alleys filled with bougainvillea and jasmine. Chania is known for traditional leather craft, and there are also excellent boutiques for island-friendly fashions and crafts.
What should I not miss in Crete?
Top 5 Things Not to Miss in Crete
- Phalasarna, West Crete. Start your Crete adventures on the west coast at the stunning beach town of Phalasarna, a scenic drive from Chania.
- Phaistos Palace, South Central Crete. Forget Knossos, Phaistos is the Minoan palace you should visit in Central Crete.
- Spinalonga, East Crete.
- Kato Zakros, very East Crete.
What is the most beautiful part of Crete?
5 Most Picturesque Places to See in Crete
- Balos Lagoon, Crete.
- Samaria Gorge, Crete.
- View of the Island of Spinalonga, Crete.
- View of Voulisma, Crete.
- Agios Nikolaos, Crete.
- Thalassa Villa, St Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas.
Is Chania Greece expensive?
Summary about cost of living in Chania, Greece: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 2,822$ (2,348€) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 797$ (663€) without rent. Chania is 40.20% less expensive than New York (without rent).
Is Chania a party town?
The nightlife in Chania is simply spectacular and intense. The most popular bars are found in the old port of Chania or at the backstreets of the Medieval Town. In the famous tourist places in the region, like Platanias and Agia Marina, there are few all-night clubs with loud music.
Does Chania have a beach?
Numerous beautiful beaches with soft sand or colored pebbles are found in the prefecture of Chania in western Crete. Many Chania beaches are among the best on the island, such as Balos, Falassarna, and Elafonissi. All Chania beaches though have crystal waters and look like paradise.
Which is better Heraklion or Chania?
However, the local beach is not the most amazing one and Chania is unbeatable for that. Heraklion is the best for Knossos accessibility and the local nightlife.
Is Chania a touristy?
Chania (pronounced Hania) As Crete’s second biggest city, tourists are unavoidable. However, interestingly enough, I found most of the tourists to be Greek! Must-try: Koutourouki, an adorable, affordable Cretan restaurant with awesome hippie-vibes.
How many days should I spend in Crete?
Crete is a large island with so much to offer. You are surrounded by stunning beaches, archaeological sites, small islands, gorges & historical towns. To see all the “top sights”, it will take a minimum of 10 days – 2 weeks, however, you could easily spend 4 weeks and still have more to see.
Which side of Crete has the best beaches?
List with the best 20 beaches in Crete
- Balos beach. Chania. Balos is a fantastic location on the northwestern side of Crete, in the region of Chania.
- Elafonissi beach. Chania.
- Vai beach. Lassithi.
- Falassarna beach. Chania.
- Preveli beach. Rethymno.
- Matala beach. Heraklion.
- Rodakino beach. Rethymno.
- Plakias beach. Rethymno.
How do you get around in Crete?
The best way to get around Crete is via car. There are public buses that connect visitors to the major cities of Heraklion, Rethymnon, Chania and Agios Nikolaos.
Where is the best location to stay in Crete?
The best place to stay in Crete is Chania area or western Crete that actually has the best beaches of the island and some of the best hotels along with the beautiful Chania town with its elegant restaurants, the picturesque Old Town of Chania and the incredible Samaria Gorge (which you should hike).
What is the best area in Crete to stay?
- Chania, best area to stay in Crete for your first time.
- Rethymnon, good area for affordable accommodation.
- Heraklion, best area to stay in Crete for sightseeing.
- Agios Nikolaos, good place to stay in Crete.
- Sitia, windsurf and nice beaches.
- Matala, beautiful beaches lying near famous archaeological sites.
What is the most popular resort in Crete?
Chersonissos or Chersonisos) is one of the most popular and visited Crete resorts. Hersonissos is 27 kilometres east of Heraklion airport, on the north coast of Crete and with neighbours of Stalis and Malia this area has got to be the place for the best beach resorts in Crete.