- 1 What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
- 2 How can I fly to Greece cheap?
- 3 Why is flying to Athens so expensive?
- 4 What is the cheapest Greek island to fly to?
- 5 How much is a trip to Greece for 4?
- 6 How much money should I bring to Greece?
- 7 How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
- 8 What is the average cost to fly to Greece?
- 9 What airports fly direct to Athens?
- 10 How much would a week in Greece cost?
- 11 How expensive is Athens?
- 12 Do they speak English in Greece?
- 13 Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
- 14 What is the prettiest place in Greece?
- 15 What is the nicest Greek island to visit?
What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
How can I fly to Greece cheap?
Here are some ways to save money on your next flight to Athens, Greece.
- Book early or late.
- Break it up.
- Be flexible.
- Consider other airlines.
- Take a tour.
- Fly direct.
- Try an “open-jaw flight.” Go into Athens but fly home out of Heraklion, Rhodes, Thessaloniki or Kerkyra.
- Comparison shop.
Why is flying to Athens so expensive?
Flight tickets though are expensive. Reason is high airport taxes, and the fact that Athens only has one airport. Ferry costs to any island are quite high. Reason is high airport taxes, and the fact that Athens only has one airport.
What is the cheapest Greek island to fly to?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri. Very close to Athens, Agistri is a very affordable option for an island holiday.
- Kythnos. Kythnos, a stunning little island in the Cyclades, seduces visitors with more than 70 beaches – the beautiful Kolona Beach is a must-see.
How much is a trip to Greece for 4?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4.
How much money should I bring to Greece?
How much money will you need for your trip to Greece? You should plan to spend around €110 ($134) per day on your vacation in Greece, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation.
How much does it cost to go to Greece for 2 weeks?
Greece trip cost Based on my estimates, two weeks in Greece will cost you about $4,455 per person. Remember, this estimate is based on visiting the most popular islands (Santorini and Mykonos) which are also the most expensive.
What is the average cost to fly to Greece?
Good to know
|Low season||October||Best time to beat the crowds with an average 5% drop in price.|
|High season||December||Most popular time to fly with an average 14% increase in price.|
|Average price round- trip||$892||( avg. price over the last 2 weeks)|
|Good deal round- trip||$283||or less|
|Good deal one-way||$246||or less|
What airports fly direct to Athens?
Non-stop flights from the US to Athens American Airlines (Oneworld): seasonal flights from Chicago (ORD), New York City (JFK) and Philadelphia (PHL). Delta (SkyTeam): seasonal flights from Atlanta (ATL) and year-round flights from New York City (JFK). Emirates: seasonal flights from New York (EWR).
How much would a week in Greece cost?
Total Greece Trip Budget
|Total Greece Trip Budget||$13,740|
How expensive is Athens?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €20 ($24) on meals for one day and €13 ($16) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Athens for a couple is €78 ($94). So, a trip to Athens for two people for one week costs on average €1,003 ($1,220).
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
Which Are the Quietest Greek Islands for Escaping the Crowds?
- IKARIA. Number one on this list is the island of Ikaria in the Aegean Sea – the island that time forgot.
What is the prettiest place in Greece?
Greece in Pictures: 18 Beautiful Places to Photograph
- Oia Village, Santorini Island. Oia Village, Santorini.
- Athens Acropolis. Athens Acropolis.
- Meteora Monasteries. Meteora.
- Mykonos Island. Windmill above Chora Mykonos.
- Chania, Crete Island. Chania Harbor.
- Village of Náoussa, Paros Island. Fishing Port in Náoussa Village.
- Hydra Island.
- Acropolis in Lindos, Rhodes Island.
What is the nicest Greek island to visit?
The 5 Best Greek Islands
- Santorini. My favorite island in Greece is Santorini.
- Mykonos. The best nightlife and clubbing in Greece is found on Mykonos.
- Crete. The largest Greek island and rich with beaches, historical sights, hikes, and small cities.
- Naxos. The most family-friendly island in Greece is Naxos.