- 1 Does Athens Greece have a Chinatown?
- 2 Is it safe to walk around Athens at night?
- 3 How many Chinese live in Greece?
- 4 What should I avoid in Athens?
- 5 What should I avoid in Greece?
- 6 How can I get Greek citizenship in 2020?
- 7 What religion is in Greece?
- 8 Why is Greece’s population so low?
- 9 Does Greece have a ghetto?
- 10 Is Athens expensive?
- 11 Do and don’ts in Greece?
Does Athens Greece have a Chinatown?
The Athens Chinatown is a loose collection of streets with strong Chinese presence. It is a very young Chinatown and still evolving as reflected by the nature of its Chinese organisations.
Is it safe to walk around Athens at night?
Try to avoid Patisia, Exarchia, and Omonia at night. Many unsavoury types loiter in Monastiraki square in the evenings so be aware of your surroundings. Never walk alone at night, especially after drinking. Exarchia has a bad reputation and is often linked to anarchist groups.
How many Chinese live in Greece?
It is estimated that at present the total number of Asians in Greece amounts to no less than 130,000.
What should I avoid in Athens?
When keeping in mind areas to avoid in Athens, know that Omonia, Exarcheia, Vathi, and Kolokotroni Squares have high crime rates and should be avoided at night, if not altogether.
What should I avoid in Greece?
10 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Greece, Ever
- Show too much skin when visiting a church.
- Rely only on credit cards.
- Take a passive-aggressive attitude with smokers.
- Take photos of military installations.
- Throw paper in the toilet.
- Eat or drink in the metro in Athens.
- Do the moutza.
- Touch artifacts in museums and at archaeological sites.
How can I get Greek citizenship in 2020?
If you’ve had refugee status and a residence permit for the past 3 years, then you are eligible to apply for Greek citizenship. You also need to prove that you have lived legally and continuously in Greece for the entire 3 years. So obtaining the residency permit is the first step!
What religion is in Greece?
Religion in Greece is dominated by the Greek Orthodox Church, which is within the larger communion of the Eastern Orthodox Church. It represented 90% of the total population in 2015 and is constitutionally recognized as the “prevailing religion ” of Greece.
Why is Greece’s population so low?
The main reasons for Greece’s population declining are a very low fertility rate of 1.3 births per woman, financial crisis, emigration, and an aging population.
Does Greece have a ghetto?
There are no ghettos in Greece, at least not the sort you might find in the United States. Yet Athens has its own share of wretchedly poor neighborhoods that stand out amid their middle class surroundings.
Is Athens expensive?
Is Athens expensive? Athens is certainly not cheap, but it is not very expensive either. In comparison to other European capitals, we would say that Athens is somewhere in the middle. It all depends on what type of traveler you are and how much budget you wish to spend during your visit.
Do and don’ts in Greece?
Dos & Don ‘ ts
- Speak our (body) language. Don ‘ t think that you need to learn some Greek before you get here.
- Pick your restaurant wisely.
- Haggling is not cool.
- Tread carefully.
- Take your time.
- What not to wear.
- Follow toilet etiquette.
- Avoid the clichés.