- 1 How much do you tip a driver in Greece?
- 2 Is service charge included in Greece?
- 3 How do you tip in Santorini?
- 4 How much do you tip in Crete?
- 5 What should I avoid in Greece?
- 6 Is it rude to tip in Greece?
- 7 How much do you tip hotel staff in Greece?
- 8 What is the best thing to buy in Greece?
- 9 Where in Greece Can you flush toilet paper?
- 10 What should I wear in Greece?
- 11 Can you drink the tap water in Athens?
- 12 Can you rent a scooter in Santorini?
- 13 How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
- 14 Can you drink water on Crete?
- 15 Can you wear shorts in Greece?
How much do you tip a driver in Greece?
If in a group, each of you can give a tip of between 2 and 5 euros per person whereas for a private tip you should give a tip of 20 Euros. The tips are majorly given if you receive a good service. If you want to understand it on the basis of your tour price, then tip around 10-15% of your tour price.
Is service charge included in Greece?
Tipping in Restaurants in Greece In many restaurants the service charge is already included in the bill. In Greece there is usually also an automatic cover charge, which is for the bread, water and any nibbles that are there when you sit down. If service is not included then a tip of about 10% would be appropriate.
How do you tip in Santorini?
Tipping in Santorini, as well as in the rest of Greece is optional. The amount of the tip it is totally up you. It is polite to leave 50 cents tip, if you are having a coffee or 1 -2 Euros in a restaurant or tavern.
How much do you tip in Crete?
Service is always included in all prices but is it usual to tip (waiters, taxi drivers, room cleaners) if the service is satisfying. It is not however expected as a due so that you will not get dirty looks if you don’t tip. Around 10% is usual or often, simply round up the payment.
What should I avoid in Greece?
10 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Greece, Ever
- Show too much skin when visiting a church.
- Rely only on credit cards.
- Take a passive-aggressive attitude with smokers.
- Take photos of military installations.
- Throw paper in the toilet.
- Eat or drink in the metro in Athens.
- Do the moutza.
- Touch artifacts in museums and at archaeological sites.
Is it rude to tip in Greece?
Tipping in Greece is customary, but is by no means obligatory. This Greece tipping guide will help you navigate when/where you can leave a little extra for great service.
How much do you tip hotel staff in Greece?
It is customary to tip the porter/bellboy, around 1 Euro per bag. Leave around 1 Euro per day on the bedside table or bed for the housekeeper. You can leave a few euros as gratuity for the concierge if you receive excellent service.
What is the best thing to buy in Greece?
Things You Can Only Buy in Greece
- Greek olive soap with mastiha. The mastiha tree or lentisk is native of the Mediterranean basin but only in the island of Chios has the resin been cultivated for production.
- Kumquat Liqueur.
- Greek Honey.
- Olivewood items.
- Traditional musical instruments.
- Teas and dried herbs.
- Spoon sweets.
- Leather goods.
Where in Greece Can you flush toilet paper?
In most places throughout Greece you can ‘t put toilet paper down the toilet. Instead, you must put your toilet paper in the bin beside the loo.
What should I wear in Greece?
When planning what to wear in Greece in summer, pack tank tops, vests, shorts, mini-skirts, and light dresses; these can all be in bright, colorful shades to reflect the season. Opt for thin, light materials like cotton and linen for extra breathability and coolness.
Can you drink the tap water in Athens?
A lot of people visiting the country wonder if they can drink tap water in Greece. Although it is perfectly safe to drink water from the tap in Athens and Thessaloniki it is better to ask in all the other places or even better buy bottled water which is fairly cheap.
Can you rent a scooter in Santorini?
Where to Rent a Scooter on Santorini. Finding a rental shop on Santorini is easy. There are shops in the “major” centres including Fira, Oia, and Perissa. There is also a car rental agency at the port of Athinios where you can rent scooters.
How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
Can you drink water on Crete?
Drinking and tap water Crete has very good tap water in most areas, especially outside the larger towns. In some areas the water has a bit mineral taste. The water is normally clean and drinkable. If you do not want to drink the water where you are staying, you can buy bottled water in all supermarkets and kiosks.
Can you wear shorts in Greece?
Shorts. It is acceptable to wear shorts, whether you are a woman or a man. Shorts are acceptable on the beach or when going from the beach to the shops near-by. If you plan to take a ferry between the islands, shorts are a good option if you travel by day (opt for a pair of long pants though if you travel by night).