- 1 How much does an average trip to Greece cost?
- 2 How do I plan a trip to Greece?
- 3 How far in advance should I plan a trip to Greece?
- 4 How many days do you need to visit Greece?
- 5 What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
- 6 Is Greece expensive to visit?
- 7 How can I go to Greece on a budget?
- 8 How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
- 9 How much would a week in Greece cost?
- 10 How can I go to Greece in a week?
- 11 Is mainland Greece worth visiting?
- 12 How do I visit Greece for the first time?
- 13 How expensive is Santorini?
- 14 Do they speak English in Greece?
- 15 Is Greece cheap for tourists?
How much does an average trip to Greece cost?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
How do I plan a trip to Greece?
- Step 1: Check to See if You Need a Visa.
- Book Your Tickets.
- Plan Your Greece Itinerary.
- Plan Your Activities.
- Budget Your Trip.
- Book Your Accommodations.
- Research Any Vaccinations You May Need.
- Step 8: Learn a Few Common Greek Words and Brush Up on the Greek Alphabet.
How far in advance should I plan a trip to Greece?
We have a number of suggested itineraries for Greece but as a general rule of thumb would say you need the following minimums; Greece – 4 days. And you will likely only see Athens and a day trip somewhere else. Greek Islands – 5 days, which will give you 2 islands.
How many days do you need to visit Greece?
Planning Your Trip to Greece We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we ‘ve got you covered too.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
Is Greece expensive to visit?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.
How can I go to Greece on a budget?
7 Tips for Exploring Greece on A Budget
- Visit off-season to save on flights and almost everything else.
- Sign up for free walking tours in Athens.
- Stay in an Airbnb or couchsurf.
- Book overnight ferries in advance.
- Venture to off-the-beaten-path islands.
- Rent a moped to get around the islands.
How much money should I take to Greece for a week?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
How much would a week in Greece cost?
Total Greece Trip Budget
|Total Greece Trip Budget||$13,740|
How can I go to Greece in a week?
A popular option for a week in Greece is to spend a day in Athens upon arrival and then head out to the Greek islands by ferry or flight. Another recommended option is a road trip to explore the ancient history and mythology of mainland Greece. Or, experience the Greek islands on a yacht.
Is mainland Greece worth visiting?
Even though the islands are charming, the mainland can also be quite fascinating, partly because some parts are not easily visited. There are absolutely no areas of Greece where we wouldn’t like to go back – even Mykonos, which is not our favourite place, is a beautiful island to visit!
How do I visit Greece for the first time?
How do I get to Greece? By far, the fastest and easiest way to get to Greece is to fly. There are direct flights to many Greek destinations from all major airports. If you have more time, then driving or traveling by train can be enjoyable, although probably more expensive than flying.
How expensive is Santorini?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
Is Greece cheap for tourists?
Getting around Greece is generally affordable. You won’t need any money for transport when walking around the city center. When it comes to long-distance travel, from city to city, you can expect a pretty low cost as well.