- 1 What is the best part of Corfu to stay in?
- 2 How many days do you need in Corfu Greece?
- 3 What is Corfu Greece known for?
- 4 How do I get from Corfu to Athens?
- 5 What is the best resort in Corfu for couples?
- 6 Is Corfu expensive?
- 7 Is Corfu a party island?
- 8 What can you do in Corfu in 3 days?
- 9 How do you get around in Corfu?
- 10 Is it cheap to live in Corfu?
- 11 Can I drink the water in Greece?
- 12 How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Corfu?
- 13 How much is the ferry from Corfu to Igoumenitsa?
- 14 Can I drive from Athens to Corfu?
- 15 Where do Ferries from Corfu go to?
What is the best part of Corfu to stay in?
BEST PLACES TO STAY ON CORFU – THE HIGHLIGHTS
- BEST QUIET RESORT: Paleokastritsa, Liapades.
- BEST PLACES FOR FAMILIES: Agios Georgios, Agios Stefanos W, Sidari.
- BEST HOSTELS: Pink Palace, Corfu Backpackers.
- BEST APARTMENT: Sky Loft ( Corfu Town), Domux Lux ( Corfu Town), Palms and Spas (Mesonghi).
How many days do you need in Corfu Greece?
With three days on Corfu, there’s ample time to get acquainted with its sights and charms and explore beyond its shores. Admire the Venetian architecture of Corfu Old Town; roam palaces, museums, and tranquil countryside; and cruise to nearby islands and the Greek and Albanian mainland.
What is Corfu Greece known for?
Corfu is known as Greece’s emerald island because Corfu is one of the greenest islands in Greece. There are more than 2 million olive trees on the island of Corfu adding to its lushness and the food tables.
How do I get from Corfu to Athens?
Corfu to Athens by bus and ferry. The bus and ferry journey time between Corfu and Athens is around 7h 27m and covers a distance of around 505 km. The fastest bus and ferry normally takes 7h. Services are operated by KTEL Kerkyras.
What is the best resort in Corfu for couples?
Best Areas to Stay in Corfu for Couples
- Sidari. Holidaying as a pair?
- Agios Georgios. For couples seeking a quiet base during their time in Corfu, Agios Georgios lets you relax with little distractions.
- Paleokastritsa. Love is forever in the air here in Paleokastritsa.
- Corfu Town.
Is Corfu expensive?
Corfu On a Budget Like many beach destinations in Europe, Corfu can be expensive due to higher tourist demand and limited space on the island. But Greece is still a fairly affordable country compared to other places in Europe, so deals can be found.
Is Corfu a party island?
With its vivid nightlife, a mix of lounge bars, traditional taverns and all-night clubs Corfu is a great Greek Party Island destination and one of the Best Party Holiday Destinations In Greece. Areas like Sidari, Benitses, Dasia also have many nightclubs.
What can you do in Corfu in 3 days?
What to do in Corfu, Greece in 3 days
- Day 1 – Get Your Bearings of Corfu Town. Walk around the stunning Corfu town; explore the ancient Venetian narrow streets, visiting the many shops and boutiques.
- Day 2 – Start Visiting The Traditional Villages.
- Day 3 – Last Day of Sightseeing.
How do you get around in Corfu?
The best way to get around Corfu is by bus or on foot. Renting a car is also an option if you’re itching to explore the island and want more flexiblility. If you just plan on lounging by the beach your whole vacation or are staying central to Corfu Town, your own two feet should suffice.
Is it cheap to live in Corfu?
Corfu property Like much of the rest of Greece, the cost of living in Corfu is must cheaper than what you may be used to in the UK. That extends to rent, according to cost of living aggregator Numbeo. You’ll pay less than €300 per month for a small apartment in the centre of the town, and little over €400 for a villa.
Can I drink the water in Greece?
Water — The public drinking water in Greece is safe to drink, although it can be slightly brackish in some locales near the sea. For that reason, many people prefer the bottled water available at restaurants, hotels, cafes, food stores, and kiosks.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Corfu?
There is no ferry connecting Athens and Corfu. Two types of ferries are available: the open ferry reaches the port of Corfu in about 2 hours, while the larger ferry takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
How much is the ferry from Corfu to Igoumenitsa?
Kerkyra Lines operates a car ferry from Corfu to Igoumenitsa every 3 hours. Tickets cost 5€ – 20€ and the journey takes 1h 30m. Two other operators also service this route.
Can I drive from Athens to Corfu?
You can even drive to Corfu from Athens, by renting a car through Swift Car Rentals in Athens who will even drive you out of the city, to the highway. He can also just take you from the airport in Athens to the bus station.
Where do Ferries from Corfu go to?
The island of Corfu has 2 ports: the port of Corfu Town and the port of Lefkimmi. Ferries from Corfu Town travel to Igoumenitsa, the Ionian islands and Italy. The port of Lefkimmi, located further southeast, primarily serves routes to the main port of Corfu as well as Igoumenitsa.