- 1 What should I pack for Greece?
- 2 How hot is it in Greece in September?
- 3 What clothes to take to Santorini in September?
- 4 What should I pack for Greece in October?
- 5 Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
- 6 Is there a dress code in Greece?
- 7 How hot is Santorini in September?
- 8 What is the coldest month in Greece?
- 9 Can you swim in Greece in September?
- 10 How busy is Santorini in September?
- 11 What is there to do in Santorini in September?
- 12 What clothes to take to Greece in September?
- 13 How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
- 14 Do you need to tip in Greece?
- 15 Is it still hot in Greece in October?
What should I pack for Greece?
Greece packing list
- 7 x underwear.
- 5-7 x socks – you’ll probably spend most of your time in sandals, but there are lots of great places you might want running shoes for.
- 2 x loose, lightweight trousers – one full length and one cropped pair would be ideal!
- 2 x shorts.
- 1 x skirt or dress.
- 2 x long, loose shirts.
- 4-5 x t-shirts or tops.
How hot is it in Greece in September?
The average temperature this month is 24°C (75°F), while the average low drops to 19°C (66°F), and the average high is still a warm 28°C (82°F). The beginning of September brings plenty of sun, no chance of rain, and an average daily temperature of 24°C (75°F).
What clothes to take to Santorini in September?
If you are wondering what to wear in Greece during this time, choose outfits comfortable in hot temperatures, such as shorts, tanks, airy blouses and lots of dresses! You’ll get lots of sunshine during this time which is why tourists flock to every beach and the top attractions are packed.
What should I pack for Greece in October?
- A more formal dress if you want to dine in a posh place.
- A pair of trousers for colder nights.
- A light jacket in case it gets a bit windy especially at nights.
- Underwear: I recommend 2 bras and a pair of knickers for each day.
- Swimsuit: Bring 2 so you can wear one and let the other one dry.
Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
The bottom line: There are risks in traveling to Greece, including some unique to the country, but as of April 2020, the U.S. Department of State does not discourage American travelers from visiting the country and urges travelers to exercise normal precautions.
Is there a dress code in Greece?
Dress codes and cultural hints Most monasteries and to a lesser extent churches impose a fairly strict dress code for visitors: no shorts, with women expected to cover their arms and wear skirts (though most Greek women visitors will be in trousers); the necessary wraps are sometimes provided on the spot.
How hot is Santorini in September?
The average temperature in Santorini in September is about 25 degrees Celsius or about 77 Fahrenheit, but usually you get more than that and it feels even warmer because it’s mostly sunny.
What is the coldest month in Greece?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||August (84 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||January (50 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||December (2.37″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||August (7 mph avg)|
Can you swim in Greece in September?
September has lots of advantages (namely: fewer tourists), but the days are still long and warm and better yet, it’s less humid than in July and August. In Crete, the southernmost Greek island, you can go swimming well into October.
How busy is Santorini in September?
Santorini in September (80% Crowded ): Hot and sunny but cooling a little from August. The weather is similar to June but the water temperature is warmer as it heats over the summer months.
What is there to do in Santorini in September?
The 51 Best Things to Do in Santorini
- Hike From Fira to Oia. This is the single best thing to do on Santorini – and it’s free!
- Sunset, Caldera, and Volcano Boat Tour.
- Santorini Winery Tour.
- Jet Ski Tour To The Volcano.
- Santorini Photography Tour.
- Santorini Kayak Tour.
- Walk the Volcano.
- Ancient Akrotiri.
What clothes to take to Greece in September?
A combination of summer and autumn clothing will do!
- T-shirts: Pack a bunch of several T-shirts.
- Shorts: once again several pairs of shorts are ideal for a morning walk, going to the beach or a small hike.
- Dresses for the ladies.
- Trousers: since it’s the start of the autumn you will need a pair or two of long trousers.
How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
Visiting Athens for the first time? These 12 helpful Athens travel tips will help you NOT look like a tourist
- Don’t visit in August.
- Do drink coffee several times a day.
- Don’t wear the “ancient Greece ” themed clothes sold in souvenir shops.
- Don’t talk about how you visited “the Greek islands”
- Do wear black – all year.
Do you need to tip in Greece?
Tipping in Greece is customary, but is by no means obligatory. This Greece tipping guide will help you navigate when/where you can leave a little extra for great service.
Is it still hot in Greece in October?
The best time to visit the Greek islands, like Santorini, Mykonos, Corfu and Kefalonia (Argostoli), is in October when the weather is still warm and the crowds are few. The Greek islands are an all-year-round vacation destination, with temperatures ranging from 50°F (10°C) to approximately 100°F (38°C).