- 1 Is March a good time to visit Greece?
- 2 How hot is Greece in March?
- 3 Which part of Greece should I visit?
- 4 Where is the best weather in Greece?
- 5 How hot is Santorini in March?
- 6 Which Greek island is hottest in March?
- 7 Is Mykonos hot in March?
- 8 What country is best to visit in March?
- 9 What should I pack for Greece in March?
- 10 Which is the prettiest Greek island?
- 11 Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
- 12 How many days in Athens is enough?
- 13 What is the coldest month in Greece?
- 14 What food do they eat in Greece?
- 15 Does it rain a lot in Greece?
Is March a good time to visit Greece?
There’s no better time than March to be in Athens. March is a nice time to visit the islands, especially Santorini and Mykonos, before the hordes of summer arrive. Rhodes and Crete, where temperatures on the southern coast can on good days reach 70 Fahrenheit or more, are just warm enough for sunbathing.
How hot is Greece in March?
How Hot Is Athens In March? The average temperature this month is 12°C while the average low is 8°C and the average high is 16°C.
Which part of Greece should I visit?
Greece is the best vacation destination in Europe. All Greek Islands are unique, wonderful, and worth visiting. But my favorites (especially for first timers) are Santorini, Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, and Crete. If you can only go to one island then visit Crete or Santorini (they have the most to see and do).
Where is the best weather in Greece?
CRETE. Crete has some of the warmest temperatures over the autumn and winter months, in fact it has one of the mildest winter climates in Mediterranean Europe due to its southerly position. Only the hardy will brave the cold sea temperatures, though.
How hot is Santorini in March?
How Hot Is Santorini In March? Throughout this month, the average temperature for the island is 13.5°C made up of lows of 11°C and highs of 16°C.
Which Greek island is hottest in March?
March temperatures average 60°F (16°C) on the wind-whipped Cyclades, but several degrees warmer on Corfu and Crete—still cool enough to pack some warm sweater and/or jacket, especially for the evenings. The Aegean and Ionian seas remain too cold for swimming.
Is Mykonos hot in March?
Mykonos Weather in March: Weather is still cool but winter is ending and businesses are slowly starting to open. Almost half of the restaurants and hotels will be open by the end of the month.
What country is best to visit in March?
Where to go in March: the best places for a spring holiday in 2020
- Dubrovnik, Croatia. Best March holiday for: A crowd-free city break.
- Uganda. Best March holiday for: Wildlife spotting.
- Lake Garda, Italy. Best March holiday for: De-stressing in style.
- Sri Lanka.
- Dublin, Ireland.
- Tenerife, Canary Islands.
What should I pack for Greece in March?
When planning what to wear in Greece in spring, include jeans and smart capri trousers in darker shades that you can team with bright tank tops and blouses for the warmer days and long sleeve shirts and 3/4 tops for cooler days. Bring a light jacket for the evenings to ward off the chill.
Which is the prettiest Greek island?
1.) I’m pretty sure Santorini is the most famous and possibly the most beautiful islands in Greece. With its clifftop villages and amazing views, it’s one of the unique Greek Islands that has been massively shaped by a volcanic eruption a few thousand years ago.
Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
Which Are the Quietest Greek Islands for Escaping the Crowds?
- IKARIA. Number one on this list is the island of Ikaria in the Aegean Sea – the island that time forgot.
How many days in Athens is enough?
How many days do you need in Athens? Around 3 days would be the time needed to see all the main highlights of historic Athens, and to also take a day trip to a place of significant importance such as Delphi or the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion.
What is the coldest month in Greece?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||August (84 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||January (50 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||December (2.37″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||August (7 mph avg)|
What food do they eat in Greece?
Don’t leave Greece without trying…
- Taramasalata. A mainstay of any Greek meal are classic dips such as tzatziki (yogurt, cucumber and garlic),melitzanosalata (aubergine), and fava (creamy split pea purée).
- Olives and olive oil.
- Grilled meat.
- Fresh fish.
- Courgette balls (kolokythokeftedes)
Does it rain a lot in Greece?
The climate of Greece is Mediterranean on coasts and islands, with mild, rainy winters and hot, sunny summers. The rains are more abundant on the coasts exposed to the west, on the Ionian islands and on the islands close to Turkey (Dodecanese).