- 1 What is the best part of Crete to stay?
- 2 Where is the nicest place in Crete?
- 3 Which side of Crete has the best beaches?
- 4 What is the most popular resort in Crete?
- 5 Where is the best beach to stay in Crete?
- 6 Which is better Heraklion or Chania?
- 7 Where do celebrities stay in Crete?
- 8 Where is the best place to go in Crete for couples?
- 9 Is Crete expensive for a holiday?
- 10 Is it always windy in Crete?
- 11 What is the best time to visit Crete?
- 12 Where can I base myself in Crete?
- 13 Where should I stay in nightlife in Crete?
- 14 What are the main resorts in Crete?
- 15 How do you get around in Crete?
What is the best part of Crete to stay?
The best place to stay in Crete is Chania area or western Crete that actually has the best beaches of the island and some of the best hotels along with the beautiful Chania town with its elegant restaurants, the picturesque Old Town of Chania and the incredible Samaria Gorge (which you should hike).
Where is the nicest place in Crete?
5 Most Picturesque Places to See in Crete
- The best beach in Crete, Balos lagoon. No beach in Crete is as visually stunning and unique as Balos lagoon.
- One of the best places to see in Crete, Samaria Gorge.
- The must-see sight of Spinalonga.
- The best beach in eastern Crete, Voulisma.
- The best place to visit in Crete, Agios Nikolaos.
Which side of Crete has the best beaches?
List with the best 20 beaches in Crete
- Balos beach. Chania. Balos is a fantastic location on the northwestern side of Crete, in the region of Chania.
- Elafonissi beach. Chania.
- Vai beach. Lassithi.
- Falassarna beach. Chania.
- Preveli beach. Rethymno.
- Matala beach. Heraklion.
- Rodakino beach. Rethymno.
- Plakias beach. Rethymno.
What is the most popular resort in Crete?
Chersonissos or Chersonisos) is one of the most popular and visited Crete resorts. Hersonissos is 27 kilometres east of Heraklion airport, on the north coast of Crete and with neighbours of Stalis and Malia this area has got to be the place for the best beach resorts in Crete.
Where is the best beach to stay in Crete?
The best Crete beach hotels, including family-friendly resorts and romantic retreats
- Domes Noruz. Chania, Crete, Greece.
- Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas. Agios Nikolaos, Crete, Greece.
- Abaton Island Resort & Spa.
- Amirandes Grecotel Exclusive Resort.
- Anemos Luxury Grand Resort.
- Nana Princess.
- Elounda Mare Hotel.
- Ammos Hotel.
Which is better Heraklion or Chania?
However, the local beach is not the most amazing one and Chania is unbeatable for that. Heraklion is the best for Knossos accessibility and the local nightlife.
Where do celebrities stay in Crete?
They’ve been whisked away to a luxury Greek resort where the rich and famous stay, called Abaton Island Resort and Spa. The resort is in Crete, and is described as a “paradise”. Influencers, reality TV stars and celebs are amongst the customers.
Where is the best place to go in Crete for couples?
The Old Town of Chania – The Most Popular Romantic Spot in Crete.
Is Crete expensive for a holiday?
But compared with other holiday destinations such as Turkey or Egypt or areas of Greece and its islands such as Mykonos and Santorini we haven’t found that Crete is expensive. Locally grown and produced food is cheap in Crete. This positively impacts on prices in tavernas, restaurants and hotels.
Is it always windy in Crete?
Crete is windy all over, the meltemi, a persistant north wind. The south coast is the roughly the same as the north coast, though the proximity of mountains and valleys make for local variations. South coast wind depends on where you stay.
What is the best time to visit Crete?
The best time to visit Crete is from mid-May to June or from September to October. May brings with it warmer waters and beautiful wildflowers that can be spotted throughout the island’s natural attractions.
Where can I base myself in Crete?
Chania – Chania was our favourite of the towns and a great place to base yourself in Crete due to it being central to the main sights. The Old Town is still very much intact and has alleys filled with cute restaurants, apartments with balconies overlooking the harbour + a really relaxed atmosphere.
Where should I stay in nightlife in Crete?
Best places to stay in Crete for nightlife: Hersonissos is the place to be for a young British crowd, with lots of great bars and nightclub. Malia is also a great alternative with a more international crowd.
What are the main resorts in Crete?
The 10 Best Crete Resorts – All Inclusive Resorts in Crete, Greece
- Domes Zeen Chania, a Luxury Collection Resort, Crete.
- Nana Princess Suites Villas & Spa.
- Abaton Island Resort & Spa.
- Stella Island Luxury Resort & Spa (Adults Only)
- Village Heights Resort.
- Royal Marmin Bay Boutique & Art Hotel.
- Yiannis Manos Hotel Resort.
How do you get around in Crete?
The best way to get around Crete is via car. There are public buses that connect visitors to the major cities of Heraklion, Rethymnon, Chania and Agios Nikolaos.