- 1 What airport do you fly into for Santorini Greece?
- 2 Where can you fly direct to Santorini from?
- 3 How much is flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 4 How do I get from NYC to Santorini?
- 5 Is Santorini expensive to visit?
- 6 How many days do you need in Santorini?
- 7 Which month is the best to visit Santorini?
- 8 Where should I stay in Santorini?
- 9 Is there Uber in Santorini?
- 10 Is Santorini or Mykonos better?
- 11 Is Santorini close to Athens?
- 12 How far is Santorini from Greece?
- 13 How far is Santorini from JFK?
- 14 Is it better to fly or take ferry from Athens to Santorini?
- 15 How do I get to Santorini?
What airport do you fly into for Santorini Greece?
You can travel either by plane (Athens International Airport “Eleftherios Venizelos”) or by ferryboat (Piraeus Port). There are also links between Santorini and other Greek islands. The flight is the quickest, easiest and most direct way as it lasts more or less 40 minutes and you can book your tickets in advance.
Where can you fly direct to Santorini from?
You can fly to Santorini from Athens or directly from cities in western Europe such as London, Manchester, Paris, Amsterdam, Rome, Naples, or Venice..
How much is flight from Athens to Santorini?
The best price found on Skyscanner for a flight from Athens International to Santorini (Thira) is $24.
How do I get from NYC to Santorini?
The cheapest way to get from New York to Santorini Island is to fly which costs $350 – $550 and takes 13h 39m. What is the fastest way to get from New York to Santorini Island? The quickest way to get from New York to Santorini Island is to fly which costs $350 – $550 and takes 13h 39m. 5
Is Santorini expensive to visit?
There’s a reason Santorini attracts more than two million tourists each year — the white-and-blue washed island in the Greek Cyclades is basically heaven on earth. But it’s also about twice as expensive as Athens, with hotel prices in the summer climbing to $250, on average, per night.
How many days do you need in Santorini?
We recommend 3 to 5 days in Santorini in order to visit as many places as possible. Santorini is a very interesting island and except from Oia, the volcano and the amazing views, there are many things to see and do. But you can also do it in 24 hours and many day trips are proposed from other nearby islands.
Which month is the best to visit Santorini?
The best time to visit Santorini is from September to October and April to May when the weather is warm and the crowds are scarce.
Where should I stay in Santorini?
Where to stay in Santorini
- Oia. The most romantic spot on Santorini is Oia.
- Imerovigli, Firostefani and Fira. South of Oia are three more towns where you’ll find whitewashed boutique hotels and churches, restaurants, nightlife and sights nestled into the sides of the island.
- Perissa, Kamari and Perivolos.
Is there Uber in Santorini?
There is no UBER or Lyft in Santorini.
Is Santorini or Mykonos better?
Mykonos is not without its beautiful spots but for scenes that are truly jaw-dropping, Santorini wins hands-down. Santorini is more romantic and much better suited to a honeymoon or couples vacation. Mykonos has gorgeous beaches with golden sand and turquoise water.
Is Santorini close to Athens?
Ferries depart from the Piraeus ferry port located 20 minutes by train outside of central Athens, and arrive in Santorini at the Athinios ferry port, 15 minutes from the town of Fira. The best ferry between Athens and Santorini is the Blue Star. It’s the most stable comfortable ride – but it takes almost 8 hours.
How far is Santorini from Greece?
The distance between Athens and Santorini is 186 miles (300 km).
How far is Santorini from JFK?
The distance between New York JFK Airport ( JFK ) and Santorini Island is 8143 km.
Is it better to fly or take ferry from Athens to Santorini?
Timewise: The airplane is the most convenient option. The flight from Athens to Santorini takes only 45 min, while the trip duration by ferry ranges from 4.5 to 7.5 hrs (depending on the type of ferry ). Nonetheless, traveling by ferry is a unique experience, especially when weather conditions are good.
How do I get to Santorini?
So, basically your options are:
- Fly to a major European city and then take a direct flight to Santorini (check Expedia)
- Fly to Athens (Greece’s capital) and then take either a 5-8hrs ferry (book it here) or a direct 45mins direct flight to Santorini (book it here)