- 1 Which is better Santorini or Mykonos?
- 2 Which is more expensive Mykonos or Santorini?
- 3 Which Greek island is the prettiest?
- 4 Is Santorini the best Greek island?
- 5 How long is ferry ride from Santorini to Mykonos?
- 6 Why is Mykonos so popular?
- 7 What’s the best Greek island to visit?
- 8 Which month is the best to visit Santorini?
- 9 Why is Mykonos so expensive?
- 10 Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
- 11 Which is the cheapest Greek island to visit?
- 12 Where was Mamma Mia filmed in Greece?
- 13 What island in Greece has the best beaches?
- 14 Is Santorini Greek or Italian?
- 15 Is it expensive in Greece?
Which is better Santorini or Mykonos?
Mykonos is not without its beautiful spots but for scenes that are truly jaw-dropping, Santorini wins hands-down. Santorini is more romantic and much better suited to a honeymoon or couples vacation. Mykonos has gorgeous beaches with golden sand and turquoise water.
Which is more expensive Mykonos or Santorini?
Yes, Mykonos is more expensive than Santorini, even though both islands are very expensive during the peak season of July and August. In Santorini, during August, you can find budget rooms in Perivolos and Perissa villages for less than 100 euros.
Which Greek island is the prettiest?
1.) I’m pretty sure Santorini is the most famous and possibly the most beautiful islands in Greece. With its clifftop villages and amazing views, it’s one of the unique Greek Islands that has been massively shaped by a volcanic eruption a few thousand years ago.
Is Santorini the best Greek island?
1) Santorini Probably the most iconic and possibly the best Greek island to visit, Santorini is a stunning place to start your trip in Grece. Once a much bigger island, Santorini suffered a huge volcanic eruption thousands of years ago, this led to a massive eruption which sunk most of the island under the sea.
How long is ferry ride from Santorini to Mykonos?
How long is the ferry ride from Santorini to Mykonos? The ferry trip can last from 2 hours to 3 hours depending on the vessel and its scheduled itinerary.
Why is Mykonos so popular?
For many visitors, the island played host to all kinds of unions and syncretisms. Bonding with the Cycladic spirit, with the “divine” element of Delos and Mykonos, became part of a metaphysical appreciation of the place. A feeling of conviviality brought together visitors and locals, celebrities and mere mortals.
What’s the best Greek island to visit?
The 5 Best Greek Islands
- Santorini. My favorite island in Greece is Santorini.
- Mykonos. The best nightlife and clubbing in Greece is found on Mykonos.
- Crete. The largest Greek island and rich with beaches, historical sights, hikes, and small cities.
- Naxos. The most family-friendly island in Greece is Naxos.
Which month is the best to visit Santorini?
The best time to visit Santorini is from September to October and April to May when the weather is warm and the crowds are scarce.
Why is Mykonos so expensive?
Mykonos, along with Santorini, is also one of the most expensive Greek Islands. Because of its popularity, Mykonos comes with a hefty tourist markup. Many passengers arrive here as part of a Greek Cruise, so during the day its small streets can become crowded with tourists and its harbor fills with large ships.
Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
Which Are the Quietest Greek Islands for Escaping the Crowds?
- IKARIA. Number one on this list is the island of Ikaria in the Aegean Sea – the island that time forgot.
Which is the cheapest Greek island to visit?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri. Very close to Athens, Agistri is a very affordable option for an island holiday.
- Kythnos. Kythnos, a stunning little island in the Cyclades, seduces visitors with more than 70 beaches – the beautiful Kolona Beach is a must-see.
Where was Mamma Mia filmed in Greece?
MAMMA MIA Skopelos Island Kalokairi island of MAMMA MIA movie is Skopelos. MAMMA MIA Skopelos. The very successful movie of Hollywood and Universal Studios with the wonderful songs of ABBA and amazing actors, Mamma Mia was filmed in Greece in Skopelos, Skiathos and Damouhari Pelion.
What island in Greece has the best beaches?
The best beach in Greece is Elafonissi Beach on Crete. The best beach for families is St. Georges Beach on Naxos. The best beach for partying is Paradise Beach on Mykonos. The Best Beaches in Greece.
Is Santorini Greek or Italian?
Santorini is among Greece’s most exclusive destinations. Yes, it has an Italian name, shortened from “Santa Irini” or Saint Irene. Although the nickname Santorini has stuck, the island is officially called Thera.
Is it expensive in Greece?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.