- 1 Is Greece a good place to visit with kids?
- 2 Which part of Greece is best for families?
- 3 What do children in Greece do for fun?
- 4 Is Greece stroller friendly?
- 5 How much is a family vacation to Greece?
- 6 Where do teenagers go in Greece?
- 7 Is Greece safe for families?
- 8 Is Santorini suitable for families?
- 9 Which Greek island has babies?
- 10 Can babies drink tap water in Greece?
- 11 What do toddlers eat in Greece?
- 12 What do babies eat in Greece?
Is Greece a good place to visit with kids?
Greece is a Wonderful Destination for a Family Holiday Greece and the Greek Islands are my favorite place in Europe for a family vacation. Great beaches, interesting history, incredible food (much of it kid -friendly), wonderful people. Transport in Greece, whether by ferry, bus, or plane, is efficient and comfortable.
Which part of Greece is best for families?
The 7 Best Greek Islands For Families
- Crete. This is the best Greek island for those travelling with youngsters.
- Corfu. Corfu is among the greenest of the Greek Islands which has earned it the nickname the ‘Emerald Isle.
What do children in Greece do for fun?
Kids Love Greece organizes a full range of family-friendly activities including guided tours, kayaking, cycling, sailing tours and farm visits.
Is Greece stroller friendly?
This was a great day exploring but strollers are not allowed on the historic site. So, be sure to bring a carrier. You can certainly visit this area on your own. We opted for a half day guided tour so we could see more around Athens, including the first Olympic Stadium.
How much is a family vacation to Greece?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
Where do teenagers go in Greece?
The 14 Best Greek Islands for Families
- Rhodes, Dodecanese. Best for: fly and flop.
- Crete. Best for: ancient culture.
- Corfu, Ionian islands. Best for: budget.
- Paxos, Ionian islands. Best for: villa escapism.
- Zakynthos, Ioninan islands. Best for: sociable teens.
- Lefkada, Ionian islands. Best for: Water sports with tweens and teens.
- Paros, Cyclades.
- Mykonos, Cyclades.
Is Greece safe for families?
OVERALL RISK: LOW. Greece is a very safe country to travel to. Tourists are unlikely to experience any crime or violence. The only concern is petty crime on the streets, but if you apply the basic precaution measures, your trip should go smoothly.
Is Santorini suitable for families?
Santorini is most famous for its volcano caldera, which can be explored on a sailing trip. It is quite an experience, and great fun for the whole family.
Which Greek island has babies?
- Crete. The largest of the Greek islands, beautiful Crete has a bit of everything.
- Rhodes. The largest of the Dodecanese Islands, Rhodes is one of the most popular Greek islands for families.
Can babies drink tap water in Greece?
Tap water is generally safe to drink in big cities in mainland Greece, but the quality can vary over the islands. Drinking water is treated differently than in other countries and this change can cause a mild tummy upset so it is always best to use bottled water for babies and when preparing formula.
What do toddlers eat in Greece?
A lunch for your child can be:
- Spinach or greens pie made with feta cheese (spanakopita or hortopita). It tastes good and travels well.
- Peas cooked in olive oil and tomato.
- Greek style beans, (fasolakia yahni).
- Greek ratatouille (Briami).
- Spinach lentil salad with olive oil and honey.
- Greek Beet Salad.
What do babies eat in Greece?
As with the traditional Greek -Mediterranean diet, meat is an accompaniment rather than the main course and cheese is many times the source of protein. Fish is also an important source of protein. A traditional meal for toddlers is fish soup made with boiled fish, vegetables and a bit of olive oil.