- 1 How hot is Athens in September?
- 2 Is it hot in Greece in September?
- 3 What was the temperature in Athens Greece yesterday?
- 4 Is Greece cold in September?
- 5 Which Greek island is hottest in September?
- 6 Which Greek island is the prettiest?
- 7 How hot is Santorini in September?
- 8 Is there a dress code in Greece?
- 9 Where is a good place to vacation in September?
- 10 What is the coldest month in Greece?
- 11 Does it rain a lot in Greece?
- 12 What part of Greece is hot in September?
- 13 Is Greece crowded in September?
- 14 What clothes to pack for Greece in September?
How hot is Athens in September?
While the month of September in Athens is still quite warm, the summer heat starts to cool off as the fall season approaches. The average temperature this month is 24°C (75°F), while the average low drops to 19°C (66°F), and the average high is still a warm 28°C (82°F).
Is it hot in Greece in September?
The weather remains hot throughout September, although temperatures taper off as the month progresses. The average high in Athens is 84 Fahrenheit, and the sea temperatures are bathtub warm after all the summer sun. In short: great beach weather.
What was the temperature in Athens Greece yesterday?
Athens Weather History for the Previous 24 Hours
|6:00 pm||76 °F||Mild.|
|3:00 pm||78 °F||Overcast.|
|12:00 pm||77 °F||Overcast.|
Is Greece cold in September?
Greece in September The average high temperature dips five degrees to 29°C, making things a lot more pleasant, yet the sea temperature is still quite warm for swimming at 24°C, and is likely to stay quite comfortable through most of October.
Which Greek island is hottest in September?
For example Crete, which is perhaps the warmest Greek island in September might be basking in sunshine, but the northern mountains on the mainland might be feeling more chilly. The absolute best islands to visit in terms of good weather would be Crete and Rhodes, but September is still warm enough on most islands.
Which Greek island is the prettiest?
1.) I’m pretty sure Santorini is the most famous and possibly the most beautiful islands in Greece. With its clifftop villages and amazing views, it’s one of the unique Greek Islands that has been massively shaped by a volcanic eruption a few thousand years ago.
How hot is Santorini in September?
The average temperature in Santorini in September is about 25 degrees Celsius or about 77 Fahrenheit, but usually you get more than that and it feels even warmer because it’s mostly sunny.
Is there a dress code in Greece?
Dress codes and cultural hints Most monasteries and to a lesser extent churches impose a fairly strict dress code for visitors: no shorts, with women expected to cover their arms and wear skirts (though most Greek women visitors will be in trousers); the necessary wraps are sometimes provided on the spot.
Where is a good place to vacation in September?
16 Best Places to Travel in September
- Montreal, Canada. Montreal, Canada.
- Grand Canyon, Arizona. Havasu Falls in the Grand Canyon.
- Barcelona, Spain. Park Guell in Barcelona.
- Crete, Greece. Pink sand beach at Elafonissi.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina. Congress Square in Buenos Aires.
- Honolulu, Hawaii. Waikiki Beach with Diamond Head in the distance.
- Puerto Rico.
What is the coldest month in Greece?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||August (84 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||January (50 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||December (2.37″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||August (7 mph avg)|
Does it rain a lot in Greece?
The climate of Greece is Mediterranean on coasts and islands, with mild, rainy winters and hot, sunny summers. The rains are more abundant on the coasts exposed to the west, on the Ionian islands and on the islands close to Turkey (Dodecanese).
What part of Greece is hot in September?
SANTORINI. September is one of the best times of year to visit Greece. And, Santorini in particular is lovely for a spot of late-summer sun – weather-wise, you can expect temperatures in the mid-20s, with occasional highs of 30C, and 11 hours of sunshine per day.
Is Greece crowded in September?
When to Visit Greece to Avoid Crowds Increasingly, in places like Athens and Crete, September is now considered a high season month. If you want to avoid crowds in Athens, time your summer travel for June or August instead of July.
What clothes to pack for Greece in September?
A combination of summer and autumn clothing will do!
- T-shirts: Pack a bunch of several T-shirts.
- Shorts: once again several pairs of shorts are ideal for a morning walk, going to the beach or a small hike.
- Dresses for the ladies.
- Trousers: since it’s the start of the autumn you will need a pair or two of long trousers.