- 1 How far in advance should I book Greece?
- 2 What is the average cost for a trip to Greece?
- 3 How much is a trip for 2 to Greece?
- 4 Which Greek island is easiest to get to?
- 5 How many days do you need for Greece?
- 6 What is the best airline to fly to Greece?
- 7 What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
- 8 Is Greece costly?
- 9 Do they speak English in Greece?
- 10 What is the cheapest way to plan a trip to Greece?
- 11 What is the best month to visit Greece?
- 12 Why is Greece so expensive?
- 13 Which is the prettiest Greek island?
- 14 Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
- 15 What is the cheapest Greek island for a holiday?
How far in advance should I book Greece?
How To Book Hotels in Greece and the Greek Islands. Book far in advance for the most popular islands (Santorini, Mykonos, Rhodes, Crete). Many of the best hotels are fully booked 6 months in advance.
What is the average cost for a trip to Greece?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
How much is a trip for 2 to Greece?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Greece for a couple is €110 ($134). So, a trip to Greece for two people for one week costs on average €1,545 ($1,879).
Which Greek island is easiest to get to?
How to get to Corfu: This is one of the easiest (and most popular) islands to visit from the UK, with direct flights from 17 airports. Ryanair, easyJet, Jet2, TUI, Norwegian and Thomas Cook all fly to Corfu International Airport (aka Ioannis Kapodistrias).
How many days do you need for Greece?
Spend at least seven days in Greece, and you ‘ll be able to comfortably explore Athens plus one or two Greek islands—pair Mykonos and Santorini, for example, or stick to the culture and cuisine of Crete.
What is the best airline to fly to Greece?
American Airlines and Iberia are the 2 Cathay Pacific airline partners that we recommend for flights to Greece. British Airways is an option, however, the fuel surcharges are high and will eat up the value of your Asia Miles.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
Is Greece costly?
“ Greece is definitely not cheap, especially not Athens. Clubs charge around 20 EUR entrance fees. The akropolis is like 25 EUR entrance to walk around. Sure, tavernas are pretty cheap, but once you go up from backpacker hostels and low-end tavernas, Greece is hella expensive.
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
What is the cheapest way to plan a trip to Greece?
7 Tips for Exploring Greece on A Budget
- Visit off-season to save on flights and almost everything else.
- Sign up for free walking tours in Athens.
- Stay in an Airbnb or couchsurf.
- Book overnight ferries in advance.
- Venture to off-the-beaten-path islands.
- Rent a moped to get around the islands.
What is the best month to visit Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is during spring (April to early-June) and autumn (September – October). You can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds during these shoulder season periods.
Why is Greece so expensive?
Greece is expensive because the country uses the euro. The euro is very expensive vs the dollar, hence Greece’s prices are forced to be set at a rate perceived as high by US visitors. Actually Greece is expensive because the tourism industry got greedy. Just like it did in Spain.
Which is the prettiest Greek island?
1.) I’m pretty sure Santorini is the most famous and possibly the most beautiful islands in Greece. With its clifftop villages and amazing views, it’s one of the unique Greek Islands that has been massively shaped by a volcanic eruption a few thousand years ago.
Which is the prettiest and quietest Greek island?
Which Are the Quietest Greek Islands for Escaping the Crowds?
- IKARIA. Number one on this list is the island of Ikaria in the Aegean Sea – the island that time forgot.
What is the cheapest Greek island for a holiday?
The Most Affordable Greek Islands to Visit This Year
- Agistri. Very close to Athens, Agistri is a very affordable option for an island holiday.
- Kythnos. Kythnos, a stunning little island in the Cyclades, seduces visitors with more than 70 beaches – the beautiful Kolona Beach is a must-see.