- 1 How do I order a taxi in Athens?
- 2 Are taxis safe in Athens Greece?
- 3 Are taxis expensive in Athens?
- 4 Is there Uber in Athens?
- 5 Do taxis accept credit cards in Athens?
- 6 How much is a taxi to Athens Airport?
- 7 What should I avoid in Greece?
- 8 Is Athens dangerous at night?
- 9 Can you drink the tap water in Athens?
- 10 How do I get from Athens airport to Athens city Centre?
- 11 How do you call a taxi in Greece?
- 12 How much is a taxi from Piraeus to Athens Airport?
- 13 Is Athens a walkable city?
- 14 How do you get around Athens?
- 15 Is driving in Greece dangerous?
How do I order a taxi in Athens?
Booking tips and useful information ( Book a taxi in Athens ):
- Insert the name and contact details of the main passenger.
- If you are booking an airport transfer, provide us also with your flight number.
- For port transfers, you will also have to fill the ship’s name, company, destination and schedule.
Are taxis safe in Athens Greece?
Though Athens taxis are generally safe when it comes to your physical well-being, the same cannot be said for the safety of your cash. Athens ‘ taxi drivers, especially those who pick up from the airport, are notorious for gouging tourists, charging their passengers far more than they’re actually owed.
Are taxis expensive in Athens?
How much do taxis cost in Athens? The average fare for a trip in an Athens taxi is around €7. There’s a base fare of €1.29 for every journey and a charge of €0.74/km during the day (05:00 to 24:00) and €1.29/km at night (24:00 to 05:00).
Is there Uber in Athens?
Unfortunately, Uber is now banned in Athens, and you only have access to Uber Taxi, which is a bit more costly than regular Uber. But if you are looking for a comfortable experience, then using Uber Taxi should be the right choice for you.
Do taxis accept credit cards in Athens?
According to the revision, taxi owners will now be required to install POS (point-of-sale) devices in order to accept credit or debit cards and to continue working with peer-to-peer ride-sharing companies. The revision also foresees changes to card transaction rates charged by ride-hailing firms.
How much is a taxi to Athens Airport?
Approximate Taxi Fares from Athens Airport
|Athens Airport Taxi Prices||Day 05:00-24:00||Night 00:00-05:00|
|Athens Airport (ATH) – Athens City Center||38 €||54 €|
|Athens Airport (ATH) – Piraeus Port||48 €||60 €|
|Athens Airport (ATH) – Rafina Port||35 €||50 €|
|Athens Airport (ATH) – Lavrio Marina||47 €||65 €|
What should I avoid in Greece?
10 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Greece, Ever
- Show too much skin when visiting a church.
- Rely only on credit cards.
- Take a passive-aggressive attitude with smokers.
- Take photos of military installations.
- Throw paper in the toilet.
- Eat or drink in the metro in Athens.
- Do the moutza.
- Touch artifacts in museums and at archaeological sites.
Is Athens dangerous at night?
The biggest issue in Athens is petty crime, rather than anything sinister. There are certain neighbourhoods where the risk of being a victim of crime is heightened. You should be extra vigilant in the neighbourhoods of Omonia, Exarchia, Monastiraki, Syntagma, and Patissia – especially at night.
Can you drink the tap water in Athens?
A lot of people visiting the country wonder if they can drink tap water in Greece. Although it is perfectly safe to drink water from the tap in Athens and Thessaloniki it is better to ask in all the other places or even better buy bottled water which is fairly cheap.
How do I get from Athens airport to Athens city Centre?
You can travel to Athens downtown (Syntagna, Monostiraki, Plaka, Thesio, Acropolis) by Taxi, Bus and Metro. Bus X95 runs directly to Syntagma square which is the most central point of Athens. A one-way bus ticket cost 5.00 €. Athens Metro also runs directly from the airport to the center and it costs 8 € per person.
How do you call a taxi in Greece?
- Call 18300. Call 18300 from your fixed telephone line, from any part of Greece at local rates, or from your mobile.
- From Prepaid Mobile Phone.
- Mobile Application.
How much is a taxi from Piraeus to Athens Airport?
A taxi from Piraeus Port to Athens Airport costs 45 € during daytime and 60 € from midnight to 05:00 morning. The taxi price from Piraeus Port to Athens Airport is the same. The price is fixed and includes all costs (VAT, tolls, lagguge cost, pets etc).
Is Athens a walkable city?
Athens is a walkable city and its historic center is easy to navigate, while public transport is affordable.
How do you get around Athens?
The best way to get around Athens is on foot and by metro; most of the city’s major attractions are located within walking distance or a short metro ride of one another. In fact, renting a car is little more than a nuisance, as traffic is heavy and parking hard to find.
Is driving in Greece dangerous?
One option is to drive around the mainland Greece. However, a web-site mentioned that driving in Greece is very dangerous: speeding is common and if you drive in legal speed limit, you would be harassed by other drivers, truck drivers use both lanes of two lane road, even buses drive recklessly.