- 1 What should you see in Greece?
- 2 How many days do you need for Greece?
- 3 How do I visit Greece for the first time?
- 4 What can you do in Greece for 7 days?
- 5 What should you not do in Greece?
- 6 What is the prettiest place in Greece?
- 7 How much money do you need for a week in Greece?
- 8 What time of year is best to visit Greece?
- 9 How much should I budget for a trip to Greece?
- 10 How can I visit Greece for a week?
- 11 What can you see in Greece in 5 days?
- 12 Do they speak English in Greece?
- 13 Can you flush the toilet paper in Greece?
- 14 What is the cheapest time to go to Greece?
- 15 What is the best itinerary for Greece?
What should you see in Greece?
Ancient archaeological sites, cliffs tumbling into sparkling blue water, sand and pebble beaches, and a balmy Mediterranean climate make Greece one of Europe’s prime tourist destinations. Besides the capital, Athens, top things to see on the mainland include Ancient Delphi and the monasteries of Meteora.
How many days do you need for Greece?
Spend at least seven days in Greece, and you ‘ll be able to comfortably explore Athens plus one or two Greek islands—pair Mykonos and Santorini, for example, or stick to the culture and cuisine of Crete.
How do I visit Greece for the first time?
How do I get to Greece? By far, the fastest and easiest way to get to Greece is to fly. There are direct flights to many Greek destinations from all major airports. If you have more time, then driving or traveling by train can be enjoyable, although probably more expensive than flying.
What can you do in Greece for 7 days?
So, what are the best things to do in 7 days in Greece?
- 1) Athens (2 days ) Where to stay in Athens.
- 2) Mycenae/ Epidaurus/ Nafplio (1 day ) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- 3) Palamidi Fortress/ Monemvasia (1 day )
- 4) Mystras/ Olympia (1 day )
- 5) Delphi (1 day )
- 6) Return to Athens (1 day )
- You’re traveling to Greece?
What should you not do in Greece?
10 Things Tourists Should Never Do in Greece, Ever
- Show too much skin when visiting a church.
- Rely only on credit cards.
- Take a passive-aggressive attitude with smokers.
- Take photos of military installations.
- Throw paper in the toilet.
- Eat or drink in the metro in Athens.
- Do the moutza.
- Touch artifacts in museums and at archaeological sites.
What is the prettiest place in Greece?
Greece in Pictures: 18 Beautiful Places to Photograph
- Oia Village, Santorini Island. Oia Village, Santorini.
- Athens Acropolis. Athens Acropolis.
- Meteora Monasteries. Meteora.
- Mykonos Island. Windmill above Chora Mykonos.
- Chania, Crete Island. Chania Harbor.
- Village of Náoussa, Paros Island. Fishing Port in Náoussa Village.
- Hydra Island.
- Acropolis in Lindos, Rhodes Island.
How much money do you need for a week in Greece?
How much money will you need for your trip to Greece? You should plan to spend around €110 ($134) per day on your vacation in Greece, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation.
What time of year is best to visit Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is during spring (April to early-June) and autumn (September – October). You can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds during these shoulder season periods.
How much should I budget for a trip to Greece?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
How can I visit Greece for a week?
A popular option for a week in Greece is to spend a day in Athens upon arrival and then head out to the Greek islands by ferry or flight. Another recommended option is a road trip to explore the ancient history and mythology of mainland Greece. Or, experience the Greek islands on a yacht.
What can you see in Greece in 5 days?
Greece 5 – Day Tours & Itineraries
- Highlights of Athens – 5 Days.
- Local Life on Crete – 5 Days.
- Explore Mythical Athens – 5 Days.
- Discover Medieval Rhodes – 5 Days.
- Taste of Athens & Santorini – 5 Days.
- Best of Athens & Ancient Greece – 5 Days.
- Athens and Nafplio – 5 Days.
- Explore Zakynthos Island – 5 Days.
Do they speak English in Greece?
The official language of Greece is Greek, spoken by 99% of the population. The most common foreign languages learned by Greeks are English, German, French and Italian.
Can you flush the toilet paper in Greece?
Don’t flush toilet paper in Greece There’s a very simple explanation: Greek sewage pipes are approximately 2 inches (50mm) in diameter. American and British plumbing is twice as large (4 inches/100mm). The Greek pipes just get clogged. They don’t call them ‘modern conveniences’ for nothing.
What is the cheapest time to go to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.
What is the best itinerary for Greece?
Greece Itinerary: Top 5 Highlights
- The Santorini Caldera. Santorini is the most magical and unique Greek island.
- The Beaches of Naxos (and Many Greek Islands)
- The Parthenon and Acropolis in Athens.
- The Beach Clubs & Nightlife of Mykonos.
- The Town of Chania in Crete.