Readers ask: What To Di With 8 Days In Greece?
- 1 What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
- 2 What can you do in Greece for a week?
- 3 How many days should you stay in Greece?
- 4 Is a week in Greece enough?
- 5 How much money do you need for a week in Greece?
- 6 What is the best month to go to Greece?
- 7 How much money do you need for a week in Athens?
- 8 Is mainland Greece worth visiting?
- 9 Is 6 days too long in Santorini?
- 10 How expensive is a trip to Greece?
- 11 How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
- 12 Is it better to go to Mykonos or Santorini first?
- 13 What should I do in Greece for 2 weeks?
- 14 How do I plan a holiday to Greece?
What can you see in Greece in 7 days?
So, what are the best things to do in 7 days in Greece?
- 1) Athens (2 days ) Where to stay in Athens.
- 2) Mycenae/ Epidaurus/ Nafplio (1 day ) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- 3) Palamidi Fortress/ Monemvasia (1 day )
- 4) Mystras/ Olympia (1 day )
- 5) Delphi (1 day )
- 6) Return to Athens (1 day )
- You’re traveling to Greece?
What can you do in Greece for a week?
A popular option for a week in Greece is to spend a day in Athens upon arrival and then head out to the Greek islands by ferry or flight. Another recommended option is a road trip to explore the ancient history and mythology of mainland Greece. Or, experience the Greek islands on a yacht.
How many days should you stay in Greece?
We recommend that you spend at least seven days in Greece to be able to comfortably explore Athens and one or two Greek islands. With more days to spend, you can obviously explore more destinations and less-visited islands, but if you are planning a quick getaway we’ve got you covered too.
Is a week in Greece enough?
One week in Greece is probably enough time to explore one or two islands, visit Athens, and maybe do a day trip from Athens. Or you could visit Athens and a few other parts of mainland Greece, and maybe add in one island.
How much money do you need for a week in Greece?
How much money will you need for your trip to Greece? You should plan to spend around €110 ($134) per day on your vacation in Greece, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, €28 ($34) on meals for one day and €22 ($27) on local transportation.
What is the best month to go to Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is during spring (April to early-June) and autumn (September – October). You can enjoy mild weather and fewer crowds during these shoulder season periods.
How much money do you need for a week in Athens?
Past travelers have spent, on average, €20 ($23) on meals for one day and €13 ($16) on local transportation. Also, the average hotel price in Athens for a couple is €78 ($93). So, a trip to Athens for two people for one week costs on average €1,003 ($1,202).
Is mainland Greece worth visiting?
Even though the islands are charming, the mainland can also be quite fascinating, partly because some parts are not easily visited. There are absolutely no areas of Greece where we wouldn’t like to go back – even Mykonos, which is not our favourite place, is a beautiful island to visit!
Is 6 days too long in Santorini?
There is nothing wrong with staying in Santorini for a week though, and you can easily explore the whole island in this time frame. There are many options for accommodation all around the island. Most people prefer to stay in Fira, Oia or perhaps Perissa.
How expensive is a trip to Greece?
The average price of a 7-day trip to Greek Islands is $1,274 for a solo traveler, $2,288 for a couple, and $4,290 for a family of 4. Greek Islands hotels range from $50 to $226 per night with an average of $87, while most vacation rentals will cost $130 to $380 per night for the entire home.
How long is the ferry ride from Athens to Santorini?
How long is the ferry ride from Athens (Piraeus) to Santorini? The Athens to Santorini ferry time is usually 4 to 10 hours. The duration of the trip to Santorini depends mainly on the type of vessel and the ferry company that serves this crossing.
Is it better to go to Mykonos or Santorini first?
Go to Mykonos for beaches and nightlife. Go to Santorini for views, scenery, wineries, tours, and hikes. Both are great for a honeymoon, but Santorini has a more romantic atmosphere.
What should I do in Greece for 2 weeks?
So, how to spend two weeks in Greece?
- Athens ( 2 days) Where to stay in Athens.
- Mycenae / Epidaurus / Nafplio (1 day) Where to stay in Nafplio.
- Palamidi Fortress / Monemvasia (1 day)
- Mystras / Olympia (1 day)
- Delphi (1 day)
- The Meteora (1 day)
- Thessaloniki (1 day)
- Santorini (3 days)
How do I plan a holiday to Greece?
- Step 1: Check to See if You Need a Visa.
- Book Your Tickets.
- Plan Your Greece Itinerary.
- Plan Your Activities.
- Budget Your Trip.
- Book Your Accommodations.
- Research Any Vaccinations You May Need.
- Step 8: Learn a Few Common Greek Words and Brush Up on the Greek Alphabet.