- 1 What is there to do in Athens in November?
- 2 Is November a good time to visit Athens?
- 3 Is it good time to visit Greece in November?
- 4 How cold is Greece in November?
- 5 Can you drink the tap water in Athens?
- 6 Is Athens worth visiting in December?
- 7 What should I not miss in Athens?
- 8 How many days in Athens is enough?
- 9 Is Athens hot in November?
- 10 How warm is Santorini in November?
- 11 What is the coldest month in Greece?
- 12 Is Greece open in November?
- 13 Which is the hottest Greek island in November?
- 14 Is Greece hot in November?
- 15 What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
What is there to do in Athens in November?
25 Things You Absolutely Have to Do in Athens This Fall
- Often too warm, sometimes rainy, cold and humid, Athens just aims to trick (or treat!)
- #2 Climb the Acropolis Rock.
- #3 Stroll the Ancient Agora.
- Do it like an ancient Athenian and stroll around Agora.
- #5 Bargain in Monastiraki flea market.
- For interesting finds and a nice walk in the heart of the city.
Is November a good time to visit Athens?
The best times to visit Athens are between March and May and from September to November. Weather during these spring and fall months is agreeable and sunshine is pretty much a guarantee.
Is it good time to visit Greece in November?
The best time to visit Greece is between end April to early November, when there is an abundance of sunshine and meager rainfall. Yes, Greece remains cold during November. Mist restaurants, shops, etc. remain closed all through the winter months.
How cold is Greece in November?
Daily high temperatures decrease by 8°F, from 68°F to 60°F, rarely falling below 52°F or exceeding 76°F. Daily low temperatures decrease by 6°F, from 54°F to 48°F, rarely falling below 41°F or exceeding 61°F.
Can you drink the tap water in Athens?
A lot of people visiting the country wonder if they can drink tap water in Greece. Although it is perfectly safe to drink water from the tap in Athens and Thessaloniki it is better to ask in all the other places or even better buy bottled water which is fairly cheap.
Is Athens worth visiting in December?
Athens is cold and wintery in December —but there’s hardly anyone here, which makes it a great time to visit if you want to escape the crowds. The weather is sometimes blustery and it’s not uncommon to experience rain at this time of year.
What should I not miss in Athens?
Best things to do in Athens
- The Acropolis. What is it?
- The National Gardens. What is it?
- Museum of Cycladic Art. What is it?
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre (SNFCC) What is it?
- Monastiraki Neighbourhood. What is it?
- Varvakios Agora. What is it?
- Lycabettus Hill. What is it?
- Plaka Neighbourhood. What is it?
How many days in Athens is enough?
How many days do you need in Athens? Around 3 days would be the time needed to see all the main highlights of historic Athens, and to also take a day trip to a place of significant importance such as Delphi or the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion.
Is Athens hot in November?
Athens Weather in November: November in Athens often feels as if someone turned the air conditioning on, with the average high dipping another five degrees to 19°C and the low at a relatively chilly 12°C.
How warm is Santorini in November?
Santorini’s average temperature in November is 17°C. At the warmest part of the day there are highs of around 18°C and lows of 14°C at night.
What is the coldest month in Greece?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||August (84 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||January (50 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||December (2.37″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||August (7 mph avg)|
Is Greece open in November?
Most places will be open, and ferry services and flights are still readily available. Low Season ( November through March): Winters are fairly mild in Greece, so you won’t have to worry about frigid temperatures, although there are many cold, wet and dreary days between November and February, and rain is common.
Which is the hottest Greek island in November?
Kos. Kos is one of the most southerly Greek islands, close to the Aegean coast of Turkey, and is among the warmest in November.
Is Greece hot in November?
Average high temperatures are 32°C with up to 10 hours of sunshine per day. It is possible to find warm temperatures in some Greek islands in November.
What is the cheapest time of year to fly to Greece?
The cheapest months to book a flight to Greece: September and October, followed by November. Booking a flight in September can see as much as 13% savings compared to the average yearly flight price. The most expensive months to book a flight to Greece: May and June.