- 1 What should I pack for a trip to Greece?
- 2 Is Greece hot enough in May?
- 3 Is May a good month for Greece?
- 4 What clothes to wear in Greek Islands?
- 5 Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
- 6 How should I dress in Greece in May?
- 7 Where is it hot in May?
- 8 Which holiday destinations are hot in May?
- 9 Where is warmest in Greece in May?
- 10 Is Greece cold in May?
- 11 Can you swim in Santorini in May?
- 12 What is the weather like in Greece in May?
- 13 How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
- 14 Is there a dress code in Greece?
- 15 Can you wear shorts in Greece?
What should I pack for a trip to Greece?
What to Pack for Greece: Toiletries
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Shampoo and conditioner.
- Body soap and washcloth (these are rarely provided by accommodations)
- Your go-to hair stuff.
- Medications and vitamins (add dramamine if you’ll be bouncing between islands on boats)
Is Greece hot enough in May?
Classed as a summer month by the locals, May is a lovely time of year to visit Greece. The island of Crete actually stays the hottest for the longest time of any Greek island – from April through to November – but May’s temperature averages a pleasant 24C.
Is May a good month for Greece?
Generally, the best weather in Greece is what you’ll experience in May, June and September. Plenty of sunny days that aren’t too hot make May an ideal time for long, leisurely walks in Athens. By June, the beaches of the Aegean islands are warm enough for swimming and popular islands like Mykonos aren’t crowded yet.
What clothes to wear in Greek Islands?
Clothing: 2-3 pairs of shorts – you can wear it over your swimsuit when you go to the beach, or to stroll around the streets of the island, or if you go hiking. 3 tank tops or t-shirts – you will match them with your shorts. 1 casual dress – for your day activities if you don’t want to wear shorts.
Is Greece safe for tourists 2020?
The bottom line: There are risks in traveling to Greece, including some unique to the country, but as of April 2020, the U.S. Department of State does not discourage American travelers from visiting the country and urges travelers to exercise normal precautions.
How should I dress in Greece in May?
Loose, lightweight clothes If you’re visiting in the summer months (from May to September), expect temperatures of 30-40 degrees in the middle of the day. Make sure you add some loose, lightweight clothing to your Greece packing list so you can stay cool and protect yourself from the blazing Greek sun.
Where is it hot in May?
Where is hot in May?
Which holiday destinations are hot in May?
Where is hot in May?
- MOROCCO. If you fancy getting out of Europe, try Morocco.
- LANZAROTE. The Canary Islands have been basking in the sun all winter long, so Lanzarote’s a sure bet for some spring sunshine.
- FLORIDA. May is Florida’s so-called shoulder season, when the weather’s warm and queues are shorter.
Where is warmest in Greece in May?
Which islands are the hottest in May?
- Cyprus. Average temperature in May: 24ºC.
- Corfu. Average temperature in May: 23ºC.
- Kefalonia. Average temperature in May: 23ºC.
- Paxos. Average temperature in May: 23ºC.
- Santorini. Average temperature in May: 22ºC.
- Halkidiki. Average temperature in May: 23ºC.
Is Greece cold in May?
Greek Islands Weather in May: Warm sunny days with a good chance of beach weather, little rain. Greek Islands Weather in July: Hot sunny days, almost no rain. Best Greek Islands to Visit in July: All Greek islands are wonderful (but busy). Greek Islands Weather in August: Hot sunny days, almost no rain.
Can you swim in Santorini in May?
In April, the weather becomes warmer every day and it can reach 25 degrees celsius with clear skies and sun. However, May is definitely the month to start swimming in Santorini (even though the sea waters might still be slightly cold from the winter).
What is the weather like in Greece in May?
May, the last month of the spring, in Athens, is a warm month, with temperature in the range of an average high of 23.8°C (74.8°F) and an average low of 16.4°C (61.5°F).
How do I not look like a tourist in Greece?
Visiting Athens for the first time? These 12 helpful Athens travel tips will help you NOT look like a tourist
- Don’t visit in August.
- Do drink coffee several times a day.
- Don’t wear the “ancient Greece ” themed clothes sold in souvenir shops.
- Don’t talk about how you visited “the Greek islands”
- Do wear black – all year.
Is there a dress code in Greece?
Dress codes and cultural hints Most monasteries and to a lesser extent churches impose a fairly strict dress code for visitors: no shorts, with women expected to cover their arms and wear skirts (though most Greek women visitors will be in trousers); the necessary wraps are sometimes provided on the spot.
Can you wear shorts in Greece?
Shorts. It is acceptable to wear shorts, whether you are a woman or a man. Shorts are acceptable on the beach or when going from the beach to the shops near-by. If you plan to take a ferry between the islands, shorts are a good option if you travel by day (opt for a pair of long pants though if you travel by night).