- 1 What should I not miss in Crete?
- 2 What is the most beautiful part of Crete?
- 3 What is Crete Greece known for?
- 4 What is the most popular resort in Crete?
- 5 Which side of Crete has the best beaches?
- 6 How many days should I spend in Crete?
- 7 What is the best location to stay in Crete?
- 8 Is Crete expensive to visit?
- 9 What is the main town in Crete?
- 10 What is the best time of year to visit Crete?
- 11 How long is ferry ride from Santorini to Crete?
- 12 Can you fly directly to Crete?
- 13 Where is the best beach to stay in Crete?
- 14 Which resort in Crete is best for couples?
- 15 Where do celebrities stay in Crete?
What should I not miss in Crete?
Top 5 Things Not to Miss in Crete
- Phalasarna, West Crete. Start your Crete adventures on the west coast at the stunning beach town of Phalasarna, a scenic drive from Chania.
- Phaistos Palace, South Central Crete. Forget Knossos, Phaistos is the Minoan palace you should visit in Central Crete.
- Spinalonga, East Crete.
- Kato Zakros, very East Crete.
What is the most beautiful part of Crete?
5 Most Picturesque Places to See in Crete
- Balos Lagoon, Crete.
- Samaria Gorge, Crete.
- View of the Island of Spinalonga, Crete.
- View of Voulisma, Crete.
- Agios Nikolaos, Crete.
- Thalassa Villa, St Nicolas Bay Resort Hotel & Villas.
What is Crete Greece known for?
The island of Crete is the largest in Greece, and it has a truly magical atmosphere all its own. It is big enough for you to easily spend a full holiday there exploring its hidden corners, tasting the best of Greek cuisine, and basking in that magical Mediterranean light.
What is the most popular resort in Crete?
Chersonissos or Chersonisos) is one of the most popular and visited Crete resorts. Hersonissos is 27 kilometres east of Heraklion airport, on the north coast of Crete and with neighbours of Stalis and Malia this area has got to be the place for the best beach resorts in Crete.
Which side of Crete has the best beaches?
List with the best 20 beaches in Crete
- Balos beach. Chania. Balos is a fantastic location on the northwestern side of Crete, in the region of Chania.
- Elafonissi beach. Chania.
- Vai beach. Lassithi.
- Falassarna beach. Chania.
- Preveli beach. Rethymno.
- Matala beach. Heraklion.
- Rodakino beach. Rethymno.
- Plakias beach. Rethymno.
How many days should I spend in Crete?
Crete is a large island with so much to offer. You are surrounded by stunning beaches, archaeological sites, small islands, gorges & historical towns. To see all the “top sights”, it will take a minimum of 10 days – 2 weeks, however, you could easily spend 4 weeks and still have more to see.
What is the best location to stay in Crete?
The best place to stay in Crete is Chania area or western Crete that actually has the best beaches of the island and some of the best hotels along with the beautiful Chania town with its elegant restaurants, the picturesque Old Town of Chania and the incredible Samaria Gorge (which you should hike).
Is Crete expensive to visit?
But compared with other holiday destinations such as Turkey or Egypt or areas of Greece and its islands such as Mykonos and Santorini we haven’t found that Crete is expensive. Locally grown and produced food is cheap in Crete. This positively impacts on prices in tavernas, restaurants and hotels.
What is the main town in Crete?
Iraklion (Heraklion or Herakleion) is the largest urban centre in Crete, the capital of the region and the economic centre of the island.
What is the best time of year to visit Crete?
The best time to visit Crete is from mid-May to June or from September to October. May brings with it warmer waters and beautiful wildflowers that can be spotted throughout the island’s natural attractions.
How long is ferry ride from Santorini to Crete?
How Long Is The Ferry From Santorini To Crete? A day trip from Crete to Santorini or the other way round can take just 2 hours if you’re traveling with a fast ferry and around four if you choose a regular (and slower) ferry. The fastest option is Champion Jet which will take you to your destination in about 2 hours.
Can you fly directly to Crete?
There are direct flights from the Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos (ATH) to all of the airports in Crete: Heraklion (HER), Chania (CHQ), and Sitia (JSH). The Athens airport is about 30 minutes from the city center and can be easily reached by taxi, private transfer, bus or metro.
Where is the best beach to stay in Crete?
The best Crete beach hotels, including family-friendly resorts and romantic retreats
- Domes Noruz. Chania, Crete, Greece.
- Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas. Agios Nikolaos, Crete, Greece.
- Abaton Island Resort & Spa.
- Amirandes Grecotel Exclusive Resort.
- Anemos Luxury Grand Resort.
- Nana Princess.
- Elounda Mare Hotel.
- Ammos Hotel.
Which resort in Crete is best for couples?
Best Resorts in Crete for Couples
- Rimondi Boutique Hotels.
- Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa.
- Casa Vitae Villas. Rethymnon, Crete.
- Casa Moazzo Suites & Apartments. Rethymnon, Crete.
- Thalassa Beach Resort. Agia Marina, Crete.
- Blue Palace, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, Crete. Elounda, Crete.
- Minoa Palace Resort. Platanias, Crete.
- Ikaros Beach Resort & Spa. Malia, Crete.
Where do celebrities stay in Crete?
They’ve been whisked away to a luxury Greek resort where the rich and famous stay, called Abaton Island Resort and Spa. The resort is in Crete, and is described as a “paradise”. Influencers, reality TV stars and celebs are amongst the customers.