- 1 What were three famous places in Athens?
- 2 Where should I go from Athens?
- 3 What should I not miss in Athens?
- 4 What is the best location to stay in Athens?
- 5 How many days in Athens is enough?
- 6 Is Athens expensive?
- 7 Which island is easiest to get to Athens?
- 8 Which is the best island to visit from Athens?
- 9 What are the best day trips from Athens?
- 10 Is Athens worth visiting?
- 11 What is Athens most famous for?
- 12 How much does it cost to visit the Acropolis?
- 13 Where should you not stay in Athens?
- 14 Is Athens walkable?
- 15 Where do the rich live in Athens?
What were three famous places in Athens?
17 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Athens
- The Acropolis. The Acropolis | Photo Copyright: Lana Law.
- Acropolis Museum. Acropolis Museum in the evening.
- National Archaeology Museum.
- The Pláka and Anafiotika Neighborhoods.
- Ancient Agora: Ruins of the Marketplace.
- The Roman Agora & Hadrian’s Library.
- Museum of Cycladic Art.
- Olympieion: Temple of Olympian Zeus.
Where should I go from Athens?
15 Top-Rated Day Trips from Athens
- Delphi. Delphi.
- Metéora. Metéora.
- Mycenae: The Legendary City of Greek Mythology. Mycenae: The Legendary City of Greek Mythology.
- Athens Riviera (Coast of Apollo) Athens Riviera (Coast of Apollo)
- The Islands of Aegina, Poros, and Hydra.
- The Romantic City of Nafplio.
- The Ancient Theater of Epidaurus.
What should I not miss in Athens?
Best things to do in Athens
- The Acropolis. What is it?
- The National Gardens. What is it?
- Museum of Cycladic Art. What is it?
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Centre (SNFCC) What is it?
- Monastiraki Neighbourhood. What is it?
- Varvakios Agora. What is it?
- Lycabettus Hill. What is it?
- Plaka Neighbourhood. What is it?
What is the best location to stay in Athens?
What are the best areas to stay in Athens? For first time visitors, the best areas in Athens are Plaka, Monastiraki, Syntagma, Koukaki, Kolonaki, and Psirri. They’re all walkable neighborhoods, filled with cafes and restaurants, and close to the main historical sights. 6
How many days in Athens is enough?
How many days do you need in Athens? Around 3 days would be the time needed to see all the main highlights of historic Athens, and to also take a day trip to a place of significant importance such as Delphi or the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion.
Is Athens expensive?
Is Athens expensive? Athens is certainly not cheap, but it is not very expensive either. In comparison to other European capitals, we would say that Athens is somewhere in the middle. It all depends on what type of traveler you are and how much budget you wish to spend during your visit.
Which island is easiest to get to Athens?
Hydra, Spetses, Poros, Aegina, Tzia/Kea: Welcome to the charming little islands near Athens, which offer history and style in abundance and are ideal for a quick getaway all year round.
Which is the best island to visit from Athens?
Aegina, part of the Saronic Islands, is one of the closest islands to Athens. After a 40-minute ride on a hydrofoil ferry from Piraeus, you can discover Aegina and its many charms.
What are the best day trips from Athens?
15 Best Day Trips from Athens
- Delphi. Source: Anastasios71 / shutterstock Delphi, Greece.
- Mycenae. Source: Heracles Kritikos / shutterstock Mycenae.
- Corinth. Source: Kamil Saks / shutterstock Corinth.
- Cape Sounio. Source: WitR / shutterstock Cape Sounio.
- Attic Riviera (Coast of Apollo)
- Hydra Island.
- The Monastery of Dafní
Is Athens worth visiting?
Athens is now definitely one of the best cities to visit in Greece. It’s worth visiting Athens today for both its ancient treasures – and its modern delights.
What is Athens most famous for?
Athens, Modern Greek Athínai, Ancient Greek Athēnai, historic city and capital of Greece. Many of Classical civilization’s intellectual and artistic ideas originated there, and the city is generally considered to be the birthplace of Western civilization. The Acropolis and surrounding area, Athens.
How much does it cost to visit the Acropolis?
The cost of entrance to the Acropolis is about 20 euros and is good for the other sites in the area including the ancient agora, theatre of Dionysos, Kerameikos, Roman Agora, Tower of the Winds and the Temple of Olympian Zeus and is supposedly good for a week. You can also buy individual tickets to these other sites.
Where should you not stay in Athens?
When keeping in mind areas to avoid in Athens, know that Omonia, Exarcheia, Vathi, and Kolokotroni Squares have high crime rates and should be avoided at night, if not altogether.
Is Athens walkable?
Athens is a walkable city and its historic center is easy to navigate, while public transport is affordable.
Where do the rich live in Athens?
After Palaio Psychico, the richest area identified is the northern Athens suburb of Ekali, where 2,883 taxpayers declared annual incomes of 122,879. A distant third is Kolonaki, in the center of the capital, where 1,454 taxpayers declared incomes averaging at 77,419 euros.